Secure External Collaboration
In order to collaborate with external parties efficiently and enhance employee productivity, organizations need a content collaboration solution which doesn’t require a lengthy and costly migration that puts content at risk and disrupts business workflows and processes.
With kiteworks, organizations can access, edit, share and collaborate on content securely while leaving that content in existing systems of record. With a secure private cloud, IT has complete control and can ensure compliance and security, yet business users can collaborate on either side of the firewall, on any of their devices, without a VPN. While IT manages the overall policies, business users manage content collaboration with parties external to the organization, controlling permissions based on need and level of trust. Zero-trust parties may only be able to view with a watermark, or edit and comment without the ability to download or keep the document, while high-trust parties can have a fuller set of editing, downloading, collaboration and sync permissions.
Users can also take advantage of real-time collaboration capabilities with Microsoft Office 365 to create, edit, and save Word, PowerPoint and Excel documents, regardless of where these documents are stored. Users can sync every file they access and edit, ensuring all collaborators have access to the most up-to-date content across all devices, online or offline.
kiteworks enables unified access to multiple enterprise content systems with a single pane of glass view. Internal users can not only keep their content in existing systems of record, they can easily find and access that content, too.
- Seamless external collaboration between internal and external parties.
- Extend existing content systems without having to migrate data or workflows, and without putting Enterprise Content Management (ECM) systems at risk, or making copies that can get out of sync with ECM versions.
- Unify access to multiple systems, including ECMs, file shares, home drives, and cloud content stores, including Microsoft OneDrive for Business, Google Drive for work, Dropbox, and Box.
- Microsoft Office 365 integration to create, edit, and save kiteworks files, including documents from existing ECMs, file shares, home drives, and cloud content stores.
- Share large files via secure links and file transfer plugins for Microsoft Outlook (for PC users) and Microsoft SharePoint.
- Configure automatic AV/DLP scanning for documents that are uploaded and downloaded to ECMs through kiteworks.
- Comprehensive full-text search within kiteworks, Microsoft SharePoint 2013, and file shares to efficiently find relevant content.
- Manage role-based access to secure online folders - Manager, Collaborator, Downloader, and Viewer. Restrict a folder to allow external collaborators to edit content, but prevent them from downloading or keeping a copy.
- Access and collaborate securely with enterprise content via native mobile apps for iOS and Android– no VPN required.
- Ask for submissions of blind bids or homework: request users to upload documents into a specific folder, without granting access to the other content in the folder.
- Set file expiration policies to ensure sensitive documents are only accessible for a limited time.
- Add watermarks to prevent the unauthorized capture and sharing of confidential information.